Did you know that some candles give off toxins that can harm your pets? Did you know that the American Lung Associations discourages burning paraffin candles? All the more reason to use coconut soy wax candles!
Paraffin wax is a by-product of petroleum production it contains all sorts of toxins and carcinogens, including benzene. These toxins that paraffin wax emits harm your pets central nervous system as well as their respiratory system. And paraffin candles aren’t good for us either! There are signs to tell if the candle you are burning is causing your pets distress, signs such as sneezing, coughing, itching, skin issues and respiratory distress.
And paraffin candles can be downright deadly for parrots because their respiratory system is so sensitive. So if you love candles and have pets, opt for a cleaner burning soy, beeswax, or vegetable wax.